April 25, 2013

KCW - Day 3 Recap

What a day. Ugh. The day started with me working on the new Velma dress to compliment the Daphne dress. I have been planing on doing this dress for quite sometime, but just never got around to it. But then I had a wonderful customer order one. So it was time to bring my vision to life.


Oh the trials and tribulations of making this dress. My seam ripper was my best friend. I attached pieces to the the wrong side (all the way to serging... if you sew you know how much of a pain in the you know what that is to take out!). I dropped the iron and it landed on a plastic bag... yeap had to clean the iron. I means seriously! The easiest part of the whole outfit was the box pleat which is the most technical/detailed part. So what should have only taken a little over an hour ended up taking me 2 hours. Geesh! At least the end result is exactly what I hoped for. I am going to get this dress photographed today, so look for it to hit the HCD shop sometime today or tomorrow.

The rest of the day was spend working on a pattern test for Brownie-Goose (my most favorite pattern designer). I was over the moon to be selected and can not wait to show you the adorableness. I am going to get it photographed today! I will also be putting out a pattern review when the pattern is released for all you ladies who sew. But in the meantime, here is a little teaser for you :)


I ended the day by working on the dreaded hair bows. Oh how I dislike that process. But oh how cute the outcomes are.


Today's plan is to finish up my Etsy orders and get them mailed out and take J to a local garden to get yesterday's outfits photographed. So I am off to sew. Talk to you guys tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment