July 22, 2014

KCW July 2014: Day 1 Recap

Well actually day 1 and day zero. I started this on Sunday (the day before the challenge started). I worked on this oh so sweet newborn set. I was super excited when I got this order because it was owl themed! And boy do I love how it turned out.



It was a bit more of a challenge to find a boyish owl print then I expected, but I really, really love this one. I'm sad that I didn't buy any extra. I might just have to go get more :) The blanket was a self drafted (if you can even call it that as it's just a square). Kids just love the minky fabric, so these blankets are perfect for cuddly little ones.


The outfit made many different changes over it evolution into the final product, but I love it so much. I was originally planning on using my new machine to applique an owl on the shirt, but it is not behaving properly and I didn't want to waste my sewing time diagnosing it's issue. I just loved the owls in the fabric so much that I decided to cut some out and manual applique them. So, so happy of did! I love it so much I in almost don't want to on send it off.


The pants are one of my favorite pant patterns. I mean come on...those pockets are to die for! It is the Pier 49 Pants by Peek-a-boo Patterns. One of my favorite features of the pattern is the roll up pant legs, and is originally why I choose this pattern. But I thought the grey was a little plain and the idea of adding the cuff just came to me. And again I'm just love the with the final result!


The hat was a new item for me. I found this pattern and loved all the different options for wear. I mean 4 hats in one... how can you in beat that?! The pattern was well written and I love the final results. It came out slightly bigger than I was hoping, but that was just my mis-judgement on size selection (nothing to do with the pattern). On the bright side, the little man will be able to wear it longer ;)


Well I'm off to get started on day two...

No comments:

Post a Comment