April 8, 2014

KCW - Day 1 Recap

Well yesterday did not go quite as planned. You may know that we made a trip to Disney over the weekend. Well between all the unpacking, laundry, and sheer exhaustion from the trip, I wasn't able to get into the sewing room for the hour. My compromise to meet the challenge... hand sewing! Well hand embroidery to be exact.

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you may remember this photo I posted last week:


It is one of the four campers I am embroidering on the bottom of a skirt for the "Pink" dress J has requested. Hand embroidery is always something I have admired, but didn't think I had the patience for. But I started putting some small embroidery on the back pockets of pants and really enjoyed it. So I thought I would dive in with a big project! 

    

So last night instead of an hour at the sewing machine, I spend almost 2 hours in bed relaxing and working on the second camper for J's "pink" dress while hubby did some work on his computer:
Starting Point (sorry for the terrible night time cell pic)

Ending point about 2 hours later

Progress on whole skirt so far (will have 4 total). 
I am just loving how these little campers are coming out. And I can not wait to get the whole dress done. Progress is slower than I normally can handle, but J is helping me pull the needle through and it is so great for me to see her enjoy something I love so much. 

And now I'm off to get some actual sewing done today. Talk to you guys tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment