July 5, 2012

4th of July 2012

What a great holiday. Time to spend with family and celebrate this wonderful country we live in. We had a great day. We spend most of the morning just hanging out (which for us is an ideal deal... boring I know). Then we all got cleaned up and dressed and headed out to dinner and then to the fireworks show.

The only decent pic of J and I
watching the fireworks

I have always loved to go see fireworks for as long as I can remember, so I was very excited to be able to share that experience with J. And she LOVED it! She was pointing and saying "pretty" (along with other words that I have no idea what they were). She watched the entire show start to finish and was very confused about why there were no more at the end of the show. 

The only bad part to the whole day is that we waited in line for a snow cone for J and they gave out the last one to the person in front of us... REALLY?! Luckily she was not aware of the situation so we did not have to deal with a melt down. 

It was past bed time when we arrived home so J went down easily and I was able to play with some of my new Photoshop actions. I am really beginning to actually enjoy Photoshop. You can do almost anything! Here are some pictures I did for fun:






How was your 4th? What did you do?

By the way, did you notice the new design on the blog? The works of the amazing Marcy with Magic by Marcy. What do you think?


1 comment: