May 28, 2013

My New Sewing Room

Again! But I think this is the last one. I am so very happy with it! It is much more functional for me now. And we won't see anymore of this... (hopefully)



Although I still have to organize that box of scraps. Ugh. I am so dreading that.

We spent the entire 3 day weekend working on some much needed organization around the house. But the sewing room was the major concentration. My mother-in-law and I stayed up to 1:30 am folding fabric! I don't know what I would have done without her help! And the results are simply amazing!


My island is created using four of the ClosetMaid Cubeicals from Target. The top of the island is two pieces of MDF board covered in fabric. It is half cutting board and half ironing board (the ironing board side also has 5 layers of cotton batting). The results... Lots of space! Lots of cutting space, lots, of ironing space, lots of storage space, and even lots of space left over in the room! I just love it.

Left: Top row is works in progress
Right: Farthest row = trims and ribbon, middle row = hairbow making supplies and fusible "stuff" in the bottom bin),
closest row = patterns
I now have room for a rack to hang outfits as they wait to be delivered to their cutie. And I now have a tagging and packaging station. And yes, there is now an exercise machine...


And this part did not change much (there than putting the yarn under the table), but I figured I would show it to you as well.


What do you think?! Now I'm off to get some sewing done :)


2 comments:

  1. Niki!! That turned out awesome!!!!! I love the island and all the storage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your island.... looking for ideas for my new sewing room. This might do it!

    ReplyDelete