October 4, 2013

Farmstead Meadows - Fall 2013 Collection


Inspired by the fabrics to the right, Farmstead Meadows has a retro farm inspired feel with a modern touch. There is just something about the retro feel of the farm fabric that I just can't get enough off. And oh that floral! Those great big flowers and those amazing fall colors with touches of bright colors. It really is just plain fabulous. I am so thrilled with how each piece in this collection turn out, and I love they way they all compliment each other. I hope you guys fall in love as much as I did.




Frilly Farmgirl Dress
This was a last minute add to the collection, and I am oh so happy that it was. I am so in love with the dress. The full skirt, the amazing bell sleeves, the ric-rac neckline, the big pop of color buttons, the button tab detail on the back, the fabric... I could go on and on! But there are many other great pieces so moving on...


Fanciful Day Dream Dress
This was the second piece I created for the collection. I just love everything about it. The ruffles on the bodice and that amazing herringbone print. And of course a nice big bow on the back (ya'll know I love me some bows!). I just love that dreamy feel I get when looking at this sweet dress (and that darling model!)


Nora Rae Top
Oh sweet Nora Rae... how I love thee! I mean those ric-rac trim flutter sleeves! And that oh so amazing open back with that big bow. I took a risk with this top and used what I would normally have as the feature fabric and used it as the accent fabric. I think the experiment was a success. I designed the Billy Jean Cords to be paired with the Nora Rae, but when she was next to the Sunny Bottom Jeans... an instant love triangle!


Sunny Bottom Jeans
I turned up the fun on the classic ruffle pants. This great chambray (soft jean like) material is the perfect color match to the dark details of the farm fabric, and the distressed detail matches the old time feel of the collection perfectly.  And man how I love those pockets! Hand embroidered lines and a fun pop of color with the polka dot fabric. Perfection! The are wonderful paired with the Bountiful Fields Dress which I designed them for, but check out the combo with the Nora Rae top... I know, I can't decided which is better either.


Billy Jean Cords
These unisex pants are the perfect fall staple for your little one's closet. They feature a flat front and adjustable waistband. The cuff detail with the fun pop of color red button makes them stylish while still remaining a great staple. They are perfect for pairing with the Nora Rae Top for your little gal and The Tiller Tee for your little guy.


The Tiller Tee
A great tee with fun detail. What could be better? I dyed the tees with turmeric to give them a rich harvest gold color. Then I finished it off with some fun diamond shaped argyle-esk detail. Comfort and style! Pair it with the Billy Jean Cords and you have the perfect fall outfit for your little man.


Bountiful Fields Dress
This was the first dress I created for this collection. When I think of fall, my first thought is of the Brownie-Goose Betsy pattern. It is just plain perfect. And I knew this fabric paired with this pattern would be perfection!


Happy Hay Day Dress
I almost scraped this dress after asking you guys on Facebook if you preferred a dress with sleeves or a one good for layering. Long sleeves won, but it was such a close call that I decided to go ahead and make both. And I am glad that I did. I really think this pattern is perfect for the farm inspiration these fabrics provide. And get a load of that chicken fabric! It makes me so happy (LOL)!


The Milkmaid Apron Skirt
And speaking of that chicken fabric... I wanted to add a skirt to this line as J is all about skirts these days. And I wanted an one outfit to have an apron, because, come on, farm inspiration just screams apron. So came the birth of the Milkmaid Apron Skirt. And you know me... I like versatility, so enter the reversible apron. You can actually get three different looks from this one skirt. How's that for versatility?!


Spotted Orcaird Pocket Dress
The pocket lovers dream! This dress features the biggest pockets I have ever put on an outfit. The very first thing J said when she say this dress was, "Ooo, pockets! I'm going to go get something to put in them." It wasn't even on her body yet and she was already filling the pockets! But my favorite detail is that sweet little point on the neckline above the sleeves. There is just something so sweet about it.


All of the perfectly matched necklaces were provided by Daizy Bug Designs. I mean I really don't know how she does it, I show her the outfit and bam... Perfection! Every time. You can find them for sale at her shop.

And there you have it. Farmstead Meadows - Fall 2013 Collection. I want to give a huge, huge, huge thank you to Shana Beiro, Photography for all her hard work and time getting these A-MAZ-ING shots of my all too adorable little models. I also want to thank my little models and their parents for coming out and modeling for us. It really was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment