May 24, 2012

What's Happening?

A mere 3 days after the clean-up :(
As you know, a few weeks ago we FINALLY cleaned out the sewing room. And I had a ton of fabric that was just lying around. I also had some new patterns that I had been dying to try out. So I decided to go ahead and do some OOAK (one-of-a-kind) items to test out my new patterns while getting rid of all that extra fabric lying around. (Well most of them ended up being 2 or 3 or even 5 of a kind.) Most of that fabric is now either an adorable little outfit, or donated to the "Clean-Out for Quilts" project by Haiti by Hand.

The good news for you... I am going to do a ready to ship sale on Facebook. That means you have a chance to nab one of these little goodies and have it at your house in less than a week (depending on the mail time)! The bad news... we are going out of town on Friday and I will be gone for a week (I guess that is actually good news for me).

We are headed out of town for my cousin's wedding this weekend and then I am staying for my baby sister's high school graduation (I just can't believe it!) the following weekend. I am so excited to get away for a little bit.

So the ready to ship sale will go live the first week in June (I'm shooting for Wednesday, June 6th). I will post more information about the how to's when we get closer to the sale. I will have limited access to internet while I am out of town, but I am able to check e-mail and Etsy convos on my phone, so don't hesitate to ask me questions. I am also going to leave the shop open, but my turn around time will be 2-3 weeks until I get back home and asses the damage.

In the meantime, here are a few sneak peaks at some of the items that will be available in the sale:


In other news... you can now get to the blog by going to www.hootycutie.com. Exciting right!?

Are you excited about the ready to ship sale?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing the 'ready to ship' sale of Facebook - I've seen other businesses do this, and I think it's great.

    I tried to visit your new website link, but it didn't work for me. Is this a new website not associated with Etsy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link now goes to the blog. Getting it to link to Etsy was just way to confusing!

    ReplyDelete