November 24, 2012

Oh What a Trip!

Oh what a trip indeed! For those of you that do not know, we made a surprise trip to Arkansas to visit our nephews, my SIL, and her husband. The recently moved out there and were unable to take all their furniture with them at the time. So me and the hubbs, along with J and my father-in-law, packed up a truck and our car and hit the road.

Of course I had the Bradley's Fun Day that Saturday (which was so amazing btw!) so we got a late start on Saturday. We stopped for the about halfway for the night and finished the rest of our trip in the morning. And of course we got lost (a regular occurrence for us it seems). So the surprise was spoiled, but we were all so happy to see each other.



Things were going great until J took a serious fall later that night. She hit her mouth and was bleeding from her gums. It was very scary and took quite a bit of consoling to calm her down. But I am happy to report that it was not as bad as it looked and she recovered by the next day. We headed off to bed, but awoke a few hours later in the Superman position with an aching back. Our air mattress sprang a leak! I then spent the rest of the evening on the couch WITH J. Have you ever tired to sleep on a couch with a toddler? Can you say UNCOMFORTABLE!

I would love to say that was the end of our troubles, but when I woke J up from her nap the next day she was burning up. She is so rarely sick, but when she is it is often at the most inconvenient time. And when we tried to give her some medicine to help reduce her fever, it all came right back up. So we were in for a another long night of clean up. Thank goodness we had accidentally taken two sets of sheets! Luckily the bug only seemed to last for 24 hours, but it was a very long 24 hours.

And then it was on to our Thanksgiving destination. We spend the day in Destin. It was positively wonderful. The drive from Arkansas to there was the opposite. 10+ hours in the car with a 2 yr old = not fun... not fun at all! By the time we got to the hotel, I couldn't get to the room and in the bed fast enough.

I am happy to report that from the time I got into the bed that night on our trip was much improved. We had a great Thanksgiving and finished the day with a beautiful sunset on the beach. It was the perfect ending to crazy eventful trip. I so enjoyed the time with family. Especially my little nephews whom I miss dearly. I am so grateful we were able to have the time with them that we did.

How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment